SCOPE OF WORK
Objectives The objective of the role is for UNDP-GSSC to be able to clearly assess the information needs of UNDP-GSSC’s stakeholders and implement effective communication collaterals for maximum reach at efficient costs, in alignment with the UN guidelines, policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will be based full time at the office of:
UNDP GSSC 1st floor, Block C, Cyberview Tower 12 MKN Embassy Techzone 3200 Jalan Teknokrat, Cyberjaya, Selangor
from Mondays to Fridays (except Public Holidays) * UNDP Malaysia does not observe all public holidays in Selangor/Malaysia and the consultant will be expected to work on these days too.
He/She will report to the Deputy Chief and will assist to
- Develop and proofread communications materials for each relevant stakeholder groups (as defined above);
- Ensure the editorial integrity and message consistency of UNDP-GSSC websites (including SharePoint site);
- Help develop and maintain UNDP-GSSC’s network of media contacts including handling media enquiries;
- Coordinate videographers and photographers for UNDP-GSSC’s multi-media communications and campaigns;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies, feeding back and providing input on the future direction of campaigns, projects and activities;
- Build and maintain a sound general knowledge of UNDP-GSSC operations and work environment in order to help respond effectively to both internal and external inquiries;
- Translate and/or coordinate translation of materials;
- Ensure that communication materials are accurate, professional, adhere to organizational image and maintain a consistent “voice”; and
- Other duties as assigned.
DELIVERABLES & TIMELINE
- Workplans will be agreed on a monthly basis in advance subject to the Scope of Work and Responsibilities (above) and in consideration of the workload priorities at that time.
Candidates must be a Malaysian Citizen or Resident (with valid work permit). People with disabilities and other rightly qualified people are encouraged to apply.
- At a minimum, third level qualifications (Degree) in English, Journalism, Communication or any related field
- Minimum of five years of work experience in a media organization, agency environment and/or a corporate or institutional setting.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Experience with communication tools and social media channels - Knowledge of UN systems and processes is highly desirable Demonstrated understanding of the principles, terminology, procedures and best practices of communications, public relations and editorial content;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and coordinate materials from multiple resources;
- Demonstrated ability to edit complex stories for both style and substance;
- Good network of media contacts and well-developed ability to work effectively with them is highly desirable;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a variety of other computer and internet based tools for communication, analysis and networking; deep knowledge of internet culture, systems and tools is essential;
- Proven success writing for publication in print, web and other platforms.
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP; - Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills and ability to convey messages clearly, succinctly and accurately;
- Highly productive self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects and effectively manage competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiating and communication abilities; ability to work within teams, to speak publicly, to interact with different stakeholders and sectors, to gain new allies and to promote coalition work;
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough command of editorial and proofreading skills;
- Skillful project leader with good judgment who can provide direction in planning, organizing and coordinating communication projects and project teams;
- Resourceful and analytical problem solver with a well-developed ability to research, evaluate information, plan strategies and assess risk;
- Skilled planner with the flexibility to develop new, creative approaches to advance UNDP-GSSC’s communication goals and objectives; and
- Tactful and enthusiastic with a “can-do” attitude;
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment under public scrutiny.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, focuses on impact and results for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Knowledge and practical experience with UNDP and/or other international organizations is an asset.
Candidates are required to submit the Financial Proposal with their applications (see attached Financial Proposal Form).
Price should be in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit) and the total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the TOR. The consultant is responsible for payment of all relevant taxes.
Payment will be done on a monthly basis upon completion of the deliverables/outputs specified in the TOR. An IC Time Sheet must be submitted by the Contractor, duly approved by the Individual Contractor’s supervisor, which shall serve as the basis for the payment of fees Final payment amount will be based on actual man-days worked for that month.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS
1) P11 Form and Personal CV including areas of expertise and past experience in similar projects o With at least 3 references (email address and contact no.) o Please also state earliest availability date
2) Proposal on how your qualifications and experience can lead towards the successful deliverable of this assignment within the required timeframe, and provide a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the assignment.
3) Financial Proposal Form (in MYR) - Breakdown of Costs Supporting the Final All-Inclusive Price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided.